This event takes place at our Brooklyn location.
Started in California in 2014 and spread to the rest of the country in 2015 Independent Bookstore Day is a perfect time to show some love for your local indie. We’ll have special edition items for sale as well as some fun events in-store throughout the day.
RAFFLE GIVEAWAYS (11am - 7pm in the basement events space!)
Everyone who walks in on April 30th is entitled to two raffle tickets for a silent auction style giveaway. Here are some of the prizes you can enter to win for pick-up in store:
- Miscellaneous kids goodies
- Signed copy: SO SAD TODAY by Melissa Broder
- Finished copy: HEADS: A BIOGRAPHY OF PSYCHEDELIC AMERICA by Jesse Jarnow
- Finished copy: MOUNT PLEASANT by Patrice Nganang
- Signed copy: THE CAPED CRUSADE by Glen Weldon
- Signed copy: LIVING LIKE A RUNAWAY by Lita Ford
- Signed copy: YOU'RE NEVER WEIRD ON THE INTERNET by Felicia Day
- Signed copy: THE LAST DAYS OF MAGIC by Mark Tompkins with matching LAST DAYS OF MAGIC full tarot deck
- Signed copy: STRANGELY BEAUTIFUL by Leanna Renee Hieber
- Signed vinyl audio recording (!!): EXPEDITION by Chuck Palahniuk
ALL DAY GIVEAWAYS
We are playing match-maker all day with our Blind Date with a Galley. Our discerning booksellers have wrapped up a ton of galleys and decorated these brown paper packages with keyword hints. Take a chance and grab a galley. It just may be your new book soul-mate.
That all-day scavenger hunt through the Brooklyn bookstore world that 600+ people have RSVPed to? WORD will be one of the stops and we hope you'll participate in the inaugural chapter of this ingenious new (we hope) tradition. More details here.
Our beloved reading series on how writers work, read, and find community is having a special Indie Bookstore Day installment. With Douglas Watson, Vanessa Mártir, and Mark de Silva. Check out the FB event here.
TEMPORARY TATTOO STATION:
Literary temporary tattoos courtesy of litographs. Enough said.
Special limited edition merch for book lovers in limited quantities that will be available only in store on IBD. More details here.
Come for any or all of the above, celebrate the magic of literature, and love your neighborhood indie bookstore.