Doctor Who: The Runaway TARDIS (Pop Classics #8) (Hardcover)
Available from our distributor; usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the Pop Classics series.
- #1: Home Alone: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #1) (Hardcover): $18.95
- #2: The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird: A Picture Book (Pop Classics #2) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #3: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #3) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #4: Back to the Future: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #4) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #5: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: A Picture Book (Pop Classics #5) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #6: The Karate Kid: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #6) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #7: Home Alone 2: Lost in New York: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #7) (Hardcover): $18.99
- #9: Elf: The Classic Illustrated Storybook (Pop Classics #9) (Hardcover): $18.99
Join the Doctor and her smallest companion on a madcap adventure through time and space! The beloved sci-fi TV series is now a charming picture book, perfect for Doctor Who fans of all ages.
Unable to make friends at her new school, Lizzie packs a bag and runs away. After accidentally stowing away in the TARDIS, she meets the Doctor, a mysterious woman who claims to be a time-traveling space alien. When the TARDIS malfunctions, Lizzie and the Doctor are sent catapulting through time and space, visiting the pyramids, the dinosaurs, an alien planet, and more. Along the way, Lizzie learns that making new friends isn’t so hard after all . . . but will she ever be able to get back home? Featuring Jodie Whittaker’s Thirteenth Doctor and an adorable new alien species, this sweet storybook is a must-have for Whovians everywhere, young and old alike.
About the Author
Chris Chibnall is a television writer and producer. He is the showrunner and head writer of Doctor Who, beginning with the eleventh series. He was also producer and head writer of the first two series of the spinoff show Torchwood.
Kim Smith is the illustrator behind the Quirk Books Pop Classics series, including Home Alone, Home Alone 2, The X-Files: Earth Children Are Weird, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Back to the Future, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Karate Kid, and Doctor Who: The Runaway TARDIS. She has illustrated several other children’s books, including The Great Puppy Invasion (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2017) and Builder Brothers: Big Plans (HarperCollins, 2018). Kim lives in Calgary, Alberta, with her dog, Whisky, and husband, Eric. Visit her online at kimillustration.com.
A Summer 2020 Kids' Indie Next Great Read
An Amazon Best Book of the Month: Ages 6-8
“A great way to introduce the tiniest Whovians to the series and thrill those of us who are still kids at heart."—Nerdist
“A gorgeous, approachable, colorful style."—Comics Worth Reading
“A cute introduction into the world of Doctor Who for the children in your life. With bright, fun cartoon illustrations, it is something that everyone can enjoy flipping through."—Markie Rustad, Ballast Book Company, Bremerton, WA