The Big Life: Embrace the Mess, Work Your Side Hustle, Find a Monumental Relationship, and Become the Badass Babe You Were Meant to (MP3 CD)
Millennial women are changing what it means to be powerful and successful in the world - for everyone. Forever.
You want The Big Life - that delicious cocktail of passion, career, work, ambition, respect, money, and a monumental relationship. And you want it on your own terms. Forget climbing some corporate ladder; you want a career with twists and turns and adventure. For you, success matters only if it's meaningful.
Ann Shoket knows the evolving values of young women more than anyone. She's the voice behind the popular Badass Babes community, a sisterhood of young, hungry, ambitious women who are helping each other through the most complex issues around becoming who you're meant to be. As the trailblazing editor in chief of Seventeen for the better part of a decade, Shoket led provocative conversations that helped young women navigate the tricky terrain of adolescence and become smart, confident, self-assured young women. Now that they are adding muscle to the framework of their lives, she's continuing the conversation with The Big Life.
The Big Life is packed with actionable guidance combined with personal advice from high-profile millennial women who have already achieved tremendous success, plus intimate conversations with a cast of compelling characters and Shoket's own stories on her quest for The Big Life. You'll learn to tackle all of the issues on heavy rotation in your mind, such as:
- How to craft a career that's also a passion
- How to get respect from a boss who thinks you're a lazy, entitled, and self-obsessed millennial
- Why you need a squad of people who support you as you build your Big Life
- How a side hustle will make you smarter, hotter, and more in control of your destiny
- Why work/life balance is a sham and you need to embrace the mess
- How to find a partner whose eyes light up when you talk about your ambition
Written in Shoket's friendly and authoritative style, The Big Life will help you recognize your power, tap in to your ambition, and create your own version of The Big Life.